Under general direction, the Senior Manager, Human Performance Services role has overall accountability for the services delivered under one or more Human Performance Services Teams. This accountability includes responsibility for assuring adherence to Human Performance Services quality and timeliness. The Senior Manager will lead and direct full-service teams delivering Workforce Readiness Solutions. Other responsibilities include assisting the Director, HPS with departmental budgeting, program management and strategy activities. The role assists NASCO Product and Service leaders to identify business requirements, funding, and to facilitate a collaborative process specific to Human Performance Services. Management responsibilities include recruiting, onboarding, performance planning, resource development and coaching. The Senior Manager may also manage specialized areas such as Organizational Change Management, Enterprise Knowledge Management, and The NASCO Corporate University. In addition, the Senior Manager will communicate to the Director, HPS regarding delivery and development of all services and projects as well as overall support of strategy development and execution.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manages customer expectations, confirms outcomes and measures in writing and achieves customer satisfaction targets
• Facilitates communication and collaboration among NASCO departments, customers and vendors to achieve committed results
• Uses creative approaches for solution development and problem-solving that best balance cost, resources, time, quality and desired outcomes
• Manages the viability of the HPS Portfolio (job aids, e-learning courses, user-guides, and other assets) to ensure availability of comprehensive, current and compliant assets
• Creates and maintains processes and procedures related to preferred practices and implementation strategies for HPS programs, assets and services
• Manages at least one complex program such as Organizational Change Management, Enterprise Knowledge Management or The NASCO Corporate University
• Manages vendors and appropriate relationships to achieve HPS goals and objectives
• Manages a team of resources including input into salary and incentive structure, administering recruiting, hiring, and selection activities, collaborating on associate development plans, coaching associates, and identifying training requirements for direct reports, new hires, and departmental transfers.
• Determines the appropriate staffing mix of contractors and associates to maintain steady work and stay within budget.
• Manages, creates and administers an annual departmental budget.
• Helps define organizational strategic objectives and drives business outcomes in alignment to the strategy.
• Provides oversight to and advises Performance Solutions Consultants on highly complex projects
• Performs other duties as assigned
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
• Stays abreast of current industry standards to ensure human performance engineering methodologies remain competitive.
• Achieves relief targets and revenue goals
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• Working knowledge and experience with systems development methodologies
• Working knowledge of testing and quality assurance practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for all levels of the NASCO, customer and vendor organizations
• Ability to escalate issues in a timely manner and provide leadership with appropriate recommendations for resolution
• Ability to provide input to the development and execution of the departmental annual and strategic plans
• Ability to manage and adhere to a budget
• Ability to delegate
• Ability to develop and foster both internal and external customer relationships at all levels of the organization
• Skills in basic project management methods
• Ability to shift across multiple priorities without losing focus
• Previous healthcare experience in technology or insurance
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Strong consulting, facilitation and influencing skills
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing a team in Human Performance Engineering functions including, but not limited to instructional design, performance consulting, instructional technology and technical communications.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• Previous experience with a BCBS Plan or NASCO
• Previous management experience with a BCBS Plan or NASCO
• Experience managing programs such as: Organizational Change Management, Enterprise Knowledge Management, a corporate university and/or other areas of HPE specialization.
Required Training and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent in work experience
Desired Training and Education:
• PMP, CPLP, or eCKM certifications
NASCO is a Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Affirmative Action Employer.