Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry OR at least 2 years working for a Big Four Accounting firm on audits
- Experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least two of the following engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) SOC engagements; and/or (d) Mainframe UNIX or Midtier (AIX), SQL, DB2, and Active Directory
- Proven success in IT Auditing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced level Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledgeable about PC applications and IT audit related issues concerning operating systems (computer networking, firewalls, penetration tests, access control software (and database management systems).
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards as laid out by ISACA, the AICPA and other organizations.
- Knowledge and fundamental understanding of the following types of audits: (a) financial statement audits, (b) internal or operational audits, and (c) SOC engagements
- Knowledge of technologies such as Mainframe UNIX or Midtier (AIX), SQL, DB2, and Active Directory
- Knowledge of Audit Command Language (ACL), MySQL, or Microsoft Access.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical skills, judgment, and strong decision-making ability.
- Strong research skills in order to determine which standards and practices to follow.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to follow documented instructions
- Ability to ask probing, thoughtful follow-up questions to gain better understanding as needed to complete tasks
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Must be highly motivated, organized, and committed to professional development, with demonstrated career progression and achievement.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Experience working with Project Management processes.
Required Training and Education:
A Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related discipline
Desired Training and Education:
At least one of the following certifications are desired: CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA, CGEIT, or CRISC. Non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion; the CISA would be the preferred certification if no other certification is held.
NASCO is a Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Affirmative Action Employer.